Friday, November 5, 2010

Songs about Birds


Songs about birds

from Bitch tapes



Then there is my
13 Ways of Looking at a Blackbird playlist based on Wallace Stevens's poem
13 Ways of Looking at a Blackbird. where each of the 13 songs corresponds to the 13 stanzas which evoke 13 Ways of looking at a blackbird in an amazing way.



I've changed this mix more than any I've ever made and all the songs are meant 10 be 2009 releases (the album Sea Sew by Lisa Hannigan came out in 09 in the US but the single I Don't Know came out in 08 in the UK but it fit so perfect. Same reason for Wilco's Bull Black Nova which has no video except shitty fan at concert vids or the album track with album cover.

There wasn't a video for Bill Callahan aka smog's Too Many Birds In One Tree.

I can add other mixes about birds and please send yours to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment