Wednesday, November 17, 2010

To have the discipline and focus of a fart keep writing as much as you have been

To actually be what you are, write the fucking thing. Write any part of any thing. Just get the word down. Let it be true. Keep coming back.

To have the discipline and focus of a fart keep writing as much as you have been.

To read the English translation of the song Bombay by El Guincho keep reading.

English translation of “Bombay” (the song with the coolest music video ever) :

I look at you from above in case everything ends
I want you to remember me as in the beginning
There is something that stops me from seeing where I am going
I don't know what it is that is in front of me

We are no longer children
We learned from the things that happened to us and we are never different
Don’t go to China, there are no curtains there like the ones that kept us hidden from everyone

You walk without a parasol at the edge of the island
That frowns up on me because I didn’t come back
Not everything is my fault
Everything is different and if you don't see it’s because you
Don’t want to see it or you don't want to see me

There was something that could be repeated
You want to make me believe it
But it’s a fairy tale
I haven’t been able to write a line for 200 days
And it doesn't look like it will change now
Listen, I ask you to stay where you can find what you need
But you ask me to stay where you can see me
Or until you tire of looking for me.



El Guincho - Bombay from CANADA on Vimeo.


video Not Safe For American Prudishness. Yes, there are brief clips of topless women, but they're in the artistic context established in the Carl Sagan inspired opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment